A couple weeks ago, I was invited to do a mix and album cover design for the ever-popular Designers.mx. The instructions are simple — pick 10 songs and design a cover.
I was pretty excited and it seemed obvious that my choice of music would be aimed to fill a niche that was lacking in their current library. I also wanted an emotional and centralized idea that tied my song choices together. My mix, appropriately named “End Of The World“, is a compilation of post-hardcore and (experimental) metal. The lyrical themes reflect on everything from zombies to religion to failures of heroes and cities left in ruins. The sense of desperation and panic tightly thread together with the music in a powerful and intense set.
I’m curious as to what your thoughts are so give it a listen and let me know what you think not only of the music but the design as well. Feel free to leave some comments.
1. Revive // The Devil Wears Prada
2. Taking Cassandra To The End Of The World Party // Fear Before The March Flames
3. The Portrait // Oceana
4. A Lesson Never Learned // Asking Alexandria
5. The Life They Promised // The Air I Breathe
6. The Novelist // Bleed From Within
7. The Color Theft // Oh, Sleeper
8. The Sadness Will Never End // Bring Me The Horizon
9. Monument // Miss May I
10. Fill; Avoid // The Color Morale
And with all that said, December 21, 2012 isn’t that far off.